The preferences page enables a user to customize some aspects of Ekopedia.
Here is a guide to the various possibilities available from this preferences page.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: You can mention your email address (it won't be displayed on the public space). It will be useful if you've forgotten your pass and want to ask for a new one from the login page. Other members will also be able a message unless you tick the option : Unable email from other users.
- Name: You can choose a different name for your signature avec
To change your pass, simply enter the current one, then type the new one twice (for checking).
On Ekopedia you can change the appearance of a page. Test the different possibilities : they mainly concern the layout. Careful, some options will also modify other preferences.
Date and time
- Time offset. This corresponds to the number of hours to be added or substracted to the UT to match your local time. If you do not choose an option, the default one will be western Europe. This local time will be used for the dates and times displayed, it may be momentarily false when you use summer time. So don't forget to update it. Here are some examples.
- -8 (DST -7) California
- -5 (DST -4) New York, Toronto, Quebec
- -4 (DST -3) Atlantic Provinces (Canada)
- 0 (DST 1) UK, Irland
- 1 (DST 2) most of Europe
- 3 Moscow
- 9 Japan
- 10 Melbourne
- 12 Pago Pago
- -9 Juneau
- -10 (DST -9) Hawaii
- Window size. You can select a different size for the window.
- Widen the edit box to fill the entire screen : the window will fill the entire screen, including the toolbox.
- Show preview before edit box : you can preview your edit above the edit space.
- Add pages I edit to my watchlist : to follow the list of articles to which you have contributed.
- Mark all edits minor by default : your own modifications will be displayed as minor.
- Minimum size for short articles: number of characters (500, 1000, etc.) above which an article will be displayed in a different coulour. This is meant to highlight short articles that need expanding.
- Number of titles for recent changes: Choose the number of titles you wan to see in the recent changes and in your watchlist.
- Hide minor edits : the latest modifications that have been marked as minor won't be shown.
- Hits per page: select the number of results to return.
- Lines per hit if you choose a value, the context won't be displayed after this number.
- Context per line: sets the number of characters for each occurance; to see the whole line, select a high value (5000).
- Links to non-existing articles are red by default.
- Once a user account has been created, it can't be deleted. However, Ekopedia respects your right to "disappear".
- A user name cannot be modified either. In some circumstances, it may seem necessary, then see changing a username.